Who is my ideal consumer?
You probably already have this figured out and with good reason since you’ll need to know your target market before optimizing your landing page for Google Ads. Here are a few questions to consider:
Is your campaign directed for B2B or B2C customers?
- If B2B, which business area are you focused on (e.g., SaaS, carpentry, financial services, etc.)?
- If B2C, list the demographics of your target market (e.g., age, gender, socioeconomic status, geographic location, etc.).
Note: If you have multiple target groups, you may consider running different Google Ads campaigns/landing pages to reach your ideal audience.
Once you determine who your ideal customer is, it is helpful to create a customer persona. A customer persona is a semi-fictional representation of your ideal customer. When creating your customer persona(s), consider including demographics, behavior patterns, motivations, and goals. The more detailed you are, the better.
What results do you want to achieve from your landing page campaign?
You’ll also need to set some goals before optimizing your landing page. Ask yourself this simple question: What results do I want from my landing page campaign? Then, list the results you’d like to achieve. Some common results to consider are lead generation, newsletter sign-ups, free trial activation, increased website traffic, and product sales.
The clearer your goals, the better your results. This will make planning your Google Ads campaigns more effective.
So how do I optimize?**
To draw people in landing pages need to be aesthetically appealing and engaging. If you want to increase your online visibility, you’ll need to make sure yours is relevant and engaging so that the experience of your customers is smooth.
Here are 7 ways to do so:
- Include a catchy and relevant headlineThis is the first thing users will see when clicking on your ad. It needs to match what your Google Ads headline is conveying.
- Showcase a list of benefitsFocus on the ‘why.’ When creating your list, consider your customers’ pain points and why your offerings can solve their problem(s). Answering these questions may help: Why should your product or service be chosen over that of your competitors? Why is your business offer unique?
- Add trust symbolsHave any of your customers given testimonials on your products or services? If so, and with their permission, feature their quotes. Anything to add trustworthiness and credibility to your website is crucial when acquiring new customers or forming long-lasting relationships with returning ones.
- Create clear call to action buttons (CTA)Whether your goal is to get more sign-ups, increase sales or direct customers to your blog, CTAs are an important addition. Not only that, CTAs keep potential customers on your website longer, by redirecting them to other pages. Learn more and get started are two very engaging ones to get you started.
- Use high-res imagesThere is nothing worse than going to a landing page that is inundated with text or one in which the image and/or video quality is poor. By including relevant and high-resolution images and videos, your users’ experience will be improved.
- Use words that resonate with your customersEnsure that the words you use on your landing page match the keywords in your Google Ads campaign.
- Keep it short and simpleMake sure customers land on your page and immediately get the information they are seeking in a clear and concise way.
Learn how Forged Media can help grow your brand!